Thursday, March 8, 2012

Breakaway.

Hey, hey.
Just in case you didn't catch the memo above ^, 
my spring break is hereeeeeeeeee.
 And I'm stoked.

I have been a lucky lady these past two years.  I was fortunate enough to go sail off on a lovely cruise two short years ago, and just last year I was lucky enough to fly off to St. Thomas.  I know that I've been lucky.  Here are some memories from those last two trips...





I know, I know.
My Nana is simply the coolest.
I don't know too many other g'mas who would 
be willing to rock a sombrero will downing some liquor.   

This year, I'm not leaving the country or flying off to some tropical island.  Nope.  And friends, I'm honestly fine with it because all that matters to me is the fact that I get to spend my break with my family So, for this year's spring break, I'm heading to Corolla, NC, a beach much closer to home.  If you haven't heard of it, well, you're missing out.  It's a slice of heaven.  Go when you get the chance.  


I like Corolla because it isn't just like any other beach.  
Yes, it has become more commercialized 
during the past few years;
 however, I don't think it has totally lost its charm.
Some days you can still find wild horses peacefully galloping along the shore.  


And even though it's supposed to be, what,
42 degrees on Saturday (BRR, I know...),
I'll be enjoying the beach.
And when I start to shiver and when my cheeks turn red,

I'll still be enjoying it.

And if I end up getting frostbite (God forbid), then I'll just close my eyes and pretend I'm kickin' it in my lawn chair with a margarita in my hand instead of a hot cocoa. 


A girl can dream, right?

So, to conclude, I wanna share something absolutely delicious for you to sip on, so that you, too, can imagine yourself tanning your bronzed bod beside the sea.  What a nice thought, huh?

Mango Island 
Margarita

Ingredients:

  • Ice
  • 2 ounces blanco tequila
  • 1-ounce Cointreau or Triple Sec
  • 1 lime, juiced, plus a lime wedge, for garnish
  • 1 cup fresh mango chunks, plus a mango slice, for garnish
  • 2 ounces sweet and sour mix

Directions:

Preparation: 
Made in 2 parts, half frozen and half on the rocks.
In a shaker tin combine ice, 1-ounce tequila, 1/2-ounce Cointrou or Triple Sec, juice of 1/2 lime, and 1-ounce sweet and sour mix. 
Shake ingredients and strain over ice into a pint glass.
For the second part, add the remaining ingredients, plus 1 cup of ice to a blender. Blend all the ingredients until smooth. Pour the frozen mango margarita into the pint glass with the margarita, to create a floating island and garnish with a mango slice and a lime wedge.
 
Hope everyone has a happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. I love Corolla. My family goes there every year! We love eating at Fishbones Sunset Grill and watching the sun go down. Never been this time of year but at least it wouldn't be as crowded!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I will respond to each and every one of them!